Visitor Experience Educator
Location: 58 North Road, East Windsor, Connecticut
Staff Type: Paid
Job Type: Part-Time, Regular
Department: Visitor Experience
Reports To: Visitor Experience Manager, Executive Director
Facilitate visitor engagement, connecting visitors to Connecticut Trolley Museum's collections and encouraging visitors to explore and discover. Provide formal and informal interactive learning opportunities that create meaning and relevance to audiences of all ages. Adhere to Connecticut Trolley Museum policies and procedures while facilitating a safe, positive, and engaging experience for museum visitors during regular visitation, public programming, and private events.
- Engage museum visitors and assist them with accessing museum resources. Effectively share accurate information on the museum's mission, history, collections, and exhibits. Understand Connecticut Trolley Museum's unique appeal to various visitor groups.
- Be informed about and offer visitors information regarding programs, events, membership and development opportunities, and museum policies and procedures.
- Respond appropriately to visitor questions, comments, and concerns. Communicate visitor feedback using appropriate channels (daily log, Morning Meetings, Manager of Visitor Experience, etc.).
- Participate in mandatory pre-season and ongoing training to learn new content and refine customer service and interpretive techniques.
- Develops instructional materials and activities. Present high-quality educational programming and effectively manages instructional materials.
- Assist with public program and special event duties (materials preparation, set up, break down, facilitation, etc.) as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Visitor Experience Manager.
- At least two years of educational public programs and/or teaching experience.
- Experience creating age-appropriate lesson plans, art-making activities, touchable resources, and/or interpretive materials.
- Excellent teaching, writing, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Carrying or lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Highly energetic and motivated.
- Receives supervision from Executive Director and/or Vistor Experience Manager
- Daily contact with Museum employees, volunteers, and management
- Daily contact with visitors
- Employee is subject to inside and occasional outside environmental condition.