Built for Jewitt City, CT and served their until the 1970's when the truck was sold to the United Nuclear Corp in Montville, CT for their in plant fire department.
UNC had the original Seagrave 8 cylinder engine removed and installed a Chevrolet 6-cylinder engine. This truck is equipped with a 500 GPM pump, 90-gallon booster tank and 1,500 feet of 2.5" hose. In 1988 UNC donated the truck to the museum.
Built during WWII with war time restrictions in use of chrome, the tuck has very little plating on it. Seagrave was founded by Fredrick S. Seagrave in Detroit and eventually moving to Columbus, OH in 1891. Apparatus was built in Columbus until FWD Corp. in Clintonville, WI purchased the company in 1964.
United Nuclear Corp. built atomic reactors for the US Navy to be installed in the submarines built by Electric Boat in Groton, CT. Their Montville plant closed in 1990 and is now the site of the Mohegan Sun Casino.