CT Summer at the Museum - Free Admission to Kids
The Connecticut Trolley Museum is proud to participate once again in the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program courtesy of CT Humanities!
Your Visit to the Connecticut Trolley Museum
Connecticut residents with a valid state address can receive FREE admission from July 1 to September 5, 2022. Tickets are only available online the day prior of your visit - see below.
All visting Connecticut children under the age of 18 will receive free admission. One (1) accompanying Connecticut adult can receive a free CT Summer at the Museum admission ticket. CT Summer at the Museum tickets must be purchased online. Additional adult tickets can be purchased in person upon check-in at the Trolley Museum.
- Tickets are currently sold one DAY in advance to allow us to make modifications as needed for museum operations and staffing.
- When selecting your visit time please keep in mind that you are selecting the time you would like to enter the museum. The time/date that you select for your ticket is your entry period at the Trolley Museum. Please do not arrive before your ticket time.
- Free program tickets are elligible for general admission activities only. Special events and Storytime Trolley are excluded from the CT Summer at the Museum program.
Tickets are only available one day in advance of your visit and must be reserved online. Any other ticket reservation dates will not be accepted.
CT Summer Tickets
CT Summer at the Museum tickets are not available on-site at the Trolley Museum.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum 2022 - Free Admission for Kids
It's time to explore! From July 1 to September 5, Connecticut children age 18 and under plus one accompanying Connecticut resident adult can visit participating museums free of charge through the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program. Before you visit, check each participant's website for specific program details and ticket availability.
- Participating museums have the discretion to administer the CT Summer at the Museum program to the best of their ability and according to their needs. Certain restrictions may apply and capacity may be limited. (i.e. limit to one adult per household, block-out dates, exclusions for special events, etc.) Be sure to check with each museum to learn of any restrictions before visiting.
- The children and the accompanying adult must reside in Connecticut.
- Proof of residency may be required (i.e. CT driver's license or ID card) by a participating museum.
- Please make sure you check each museum for online advance ticketing and reservations, as they may be required.
- This program is geared towards families exploring together, not large camp groups.
- This program may not be used for group visits, such as visits from camps, youth groups, scouts, Boys and Girls Clubs, etc.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum is made possible through an investment from the federal COVID-19 recovery funding Connecticut is receiving from the American Rescue Plan Act. The program is administered by the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development's Office of the Arts in partnership with Connecticut Humanities.
CT Visit: Summer at the Museum 2022 Program Details and Participating Locations