Buit for Hinghan, MA and originally served as Engine 7 and later Engine 8. In 1972 this piece was retired and traded to the Farrar Company of Woodsville, MA as part of the purchase aggreement for a new puumper. In 1973 it was purchased from the Farrar Company by a museum member.
In 1988 this truck was refurbished including a new paint job and the convrsion of it's elecrical system to 12 volts.
This Type 45 Pumper was the smallest pumper made by Mack and produced for almost 15 years durign the 1940's and 50's. It is powered by a Continental 6 cyl engine with a Hale pump. Mack bult this truck in its Allentown, PA plant where it has been building fire apparatus since 1911.