Haunted House Manager
This job posting has closed.
Location: 58 North Road, East Windsor, Connecticut
Staff Type: Paid
Job Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Department: Visitor Experience
Reports To: Rails to the Darkside Managers, Executive Director
Provide support to the Rails to the Darkside Haunted House by building and breaking down scare equipment before event, during the event and when the event ends, providing new creative scares and existing scares, maintaining the flow of the Haunted House, responsible for volunteers during the Haunted House, ensure safety standards and restrictions are met.
Pay Rate: $18-$22 an hour depending on experience
- Set up and break down walls, ropes, barricades, scare exhibits to appropriately configure the haunted house before, during and after the event.
- Responsible for setting up scare exhibits and maintaining them throughout the event.
- Designing new creative scare ideas in the haunted house
- Maintain efficient flow of guests through the haunted house. Assists guests while in haunted house by providing direction, enforcing restrictions, monitoring crowds, and addressing safety concerns. Ensure safe behavior of guests, Scare-Actors and Entertainers in conjunction with the Rails to the Darkside Managers.
- Provide over-the-top service by engaging the guest and evoking the theme or story-line
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome guests and engage in positive, polite and friendly manner.
- Works closely and manages scare volunteers in the haunted house
- Minimum Age: 18 Years Old
- Must have flexible availability every week Friday-Sunday, throughout the scheduled dates of the event.
- Must be available on Saturdays August-September for design and set-up
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours based on set-up and breakdown schedule - i.e. ability to work opening and closing shifts, as well as after-hour rehearsals.
- Previous experience in Scare Entertainment, Dance, Theatre, or related field is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
- Personable, animated, fun, and outgoing personality.
- Previous guest experience in a high-volume capacity preferred.
- Ability to openly accept performance feedback/critiques and adapt accordingly.
- Consistently and expertly executes direction and show content as directed by Show Managers
- Must be able to positively interact with visitors, volunteers and team members of all ages, ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages, and individuals with special needs.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills.
- Position also engages in a variety of vocalizations such as: sudden screams, gasps, wails, vocal manipulation, etc.
- Being a team player is necessary and the key to being successful as a Scare Manager
- Must be able to stand, sit and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, crawl, lay down, and/or jump up repeatedly for the duration of your shift.
- Able to work in an environment with atmospheric effects (fog, smoke, haze, mist, bubbles, snow, scents, etc.).
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including extreme temperatures while maintaining a high-level of professionalism and performance skills.
- Receives supervision from Executive Director and Rails to the Darkside Managers.
- Contact with Museum employees, volunteers and management.
- Contact with visitors and outside vendors.
This job posting has closed.