This engine served the West Springfield, MA Fire Department from 1936 until the 1950's, with it's final assignment being the substtation on the grounds of the Eastern States Exposition. It was sold to the North Thompsonville Fire Department in Enfield, CT until it was retired in 1975.
The Springfield, MA Fire Department originated the flared type hose body which incorporated crew benches over the hose bed. This style was known as the "Springfield Body."
Powered by a Mack 100 HP 6 cylinder engine with a Hale 600 GPM pump, this truck carries 200 gallons of water in the booster tank. Standard equipment was 4 wheel brakes and a 4 speed transmission.
It remained in private hands until 1995 when a resident of Enfield donated it to the museum.