Location: 58 North Road, East Windsor, Connecticut
Staff Type: Volunteer
Job Type: Part-Time, Regular
Department: Railway Operations
Reports To: Operations Manager
Share the history of our collection and the impact of trolleys in society with our guests. The museum is open weekends in the spring, fall, and winter and Tuesday-Sunday through the summer.
All applicants are subject to an interview and/or a background check.
- Adhere to Connecticut Trolley Museum policies and procedures while facilitating a safe, positive, and engaging experience for museum visitors during regular visitation, public programming, and private events.
- Facilitate visitor engagement, connecting visitors to the Connecticut Trolley Museum's collections and encouraging visitors to explore and discover.
- Provide formal and informal interactive learning opportunities that create meaning and relevance to audiences of all ages.
- Volunteers must ensure their hours of service are recorded.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately
- Be or become a member of the Connecticut Electric Railway Association, Inc.
- Receives supervision from Railway Operations Manager
- Contact with Museum employees, volunteers and management.
- Contact with visitors.
- Frequent stepping on and off historic railway equipment and occasional walking on uneven surfaces in all types of weather.